29.5 hours per week
Term Time + 1 Week
(Pay award pending)
This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic practitioners to join Consett Academy and work with us as part of the team who rapidly transforms the school to one that offers outstanding provision and is school of choice in its community.
Starting as soon as possible, we wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our existing Inclusion team. The purpose of the post is to carry out a range of duties that enable students with learning needs to fully access standard and differentiated curriculum activities. The post holders will work closely with all other members of the Inclusion team and teachers to promote high standards of inclusion and learning opportunities.
The core purpose of this role is to:
- Plan and deliver a selection of interventions to small groups of students
- Work with class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of students
- Promote students’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion
- Provide support to students, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement
Duties will include:
- Contribute to effective assessment and planning by supporting the monitoring, recording and reporting of pupil performance and progress as appropriate to the level of the role
- Use allocated time to devise clearly structured activities that interest and motivate learners and advance their learning
- To provide cover when for colleagues when required
- Provide high quality learning resources for all students though the use of adaptations and differentiation
- Liaise with parents/carers/outside agencies where appropriate
- Communicate their knowledge and understanding of students to other school staff and education, health and social care professionals, so that informed decision making can take place on intervention and provision
To find out more about this role or arrange a discussion/visit please contact LBrierley@consettacademy.org.uk
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
Please do not attach copies of CV’s/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Midday on Monday 16th October 2023
To be confirmed