Please find our full Uniform Policy here.
- Grey Business Jacket with embroidered Academy logo; either regular (boys) or fitted (girls)
- Tie: Years 7 to 10 – Blue and grey striped clip on tie Year 11 – Grey and blue striped tie
- Non branded white Shirt
- Black loose fitting, formal trousers or Academy School Skirt
- Formal black Shoes (not trainer-style shoes, boots, ‘Converse’, ‘Vans’ or plimsolls. Wellington boots may be worn in snow but the aforementioned must be brought and worn once students are in school).
- Plain black belt, no more than 3 cm wide, if required
- Optional item: Academy black jumper with blue strip – no alternative is acceptable
Compulsory PE Kit
- Navy and sky blue Academy sports tops (indoor and outdoor)
- Navy or black shorts
- Navy or black tracksuit bottoms
- Football boots or suitable training shoes for the selected activity
- Outdoor top (please select from either full zip CA training Top, 1/4 zip CA training top or CA PE Hoody
Optional PE Kit
Students are able to wear a designated PE Hoody for PE lessons and after school sporting activities. Please visit https://kits4all.co.uk/shop/consett-academy-pe-hoody/ for full details on how to order.
During inclement weather we would encourage students to wear additional items to keep dry/warm e.g. Plain black or navy non branded waterproof coat, black or navy base layer.
Trousers and Academy School Skirt
Please note that chain stores may sell items as school uniform, which are not acceptable at Consett Academy. We DO NOT ALLOW tight or stretchy skirts, leggings, jeans or trousers which look like them.
Black Academy School Skirt – The ONLY acceptable school skirt must be purchased from The School Outfit website.
All shoes should be polishable – leather or mock leather. No canvas/cloth/suede/rubber shoes are permitted.
Branded black pumps are not allowed – no buckles, logos, or colours except plain black. Vivienne Westwood pumps are no longer allowed.
Boots are also not allowed.
In order to clarify our expectations, please see below examples of suitable footwear.
How to order Uniform
Our uniform supplier for all items, except the Academy skirt, is Sportswear International (SWI).
Parents/students can place their orders directly:
Please see SWI FAQ’s
Please see SWI Sizing Guide
How to order the Academy Skirt
To order the Academy School Skirt – please follow this link.
We are always conscious of health and safety risks both to the owner and others in the wearing of jewellery. Therefore the only jewellery allowed is a wrist watch.
Piercings, facial or bodily, are not allowed due to Health and Safety considerations.
In the Academy’s programme of Personal and Social Education we ask pupils to consider their appearance and the impression it makes on others. This is particularly important when on interview or representing the Academy for instance.
Make-up, if worn at all, should be discreetly used and not be excessive. Students are not allowed to wear false/acrylic nails or have nail decoration.
Hair Styles should be practical, clean and suitable for a working environment. In this academy, hairstyles representing various cults e.g. punk, mohican, hair shaved in bands, stripes, initials or dyed in unnatural colours are unacceptable. Eyebrows shaved in stripes are also unacceptable.
- Plain black or navy head scarf as appropriate, no jewellery within the head scarf
- School bag as appropriate to carry all equipment needed for the day
Students should not bring large sums of money or any valuable items into the Academy. If there is no alternative they should hand them to a member of staff for safe keeping.